|Home Firearm Safety entails basic instruction on storage and safe handling of firearms. It does not cover shooting skills.
Basic Rifle or Basic Pistol courses provide hands on learning opportunities in the following areas:
- safe firearm handling
- firearm parts and operation
- ammunition and its function
- shooting fundamentals and an opportunity to develop them on the range
- how to select, clean and store a firearm
- review of various activities available to help participants develop and improve their shooting skills
FIRST Steps for Rifle or Pistol
FIRST (Firearm Instruction, Responsibility and Safety Training) STEPS is the latest addition to the NRA's training programs for new shooters. It provides hands-on orientation to one specific rifle or pistol model in as little as three hours, including a one-hour shooting session on a range.
NON NRA courses.
I'm also willing to provide my own basic safety and markmanship training similar to theFirst Steps programs.
In order to receive instruction, you must be legally allowed to posess a firearm under state law.
All instruction is usually presented in a relaxed, one-on-one manner.
If you don't own a firearm, one can be provided for use during the class.
If you are interested in instruction, please contact me.